[Tau-announcements] TAU v2.14.5 released
sameer at cs.uoregon.edu
Wed Jun 8 13:46:41 PDT 2005
We're pleased to announce the release of TAU v2.14.5 with support for the following new features:
1) Paraprof can now import CUBE profiles. Cube is a profile browser from the KOJAK [http://icl.cs.utk.edu/kojak] project. Paraprof has a new thread statistics table window that allows you to examine callpath profiles by expanding individual routine names to see their immediate children annotated with performance metrics. More than one performance counter/metric can be viewed in this table and you can sort a particular column by clicking on its heading.
2) TAU traces can now be converted to the Epilog format [Kojak]. You need KOJAK v2.1, 2.1.1, 2.2beta or better to build the tau2elg conversion tool. We still support earlier versions of Kojak (Opari/Epilog).
3) TAU_COMPILER supports instrumentation of OpenMP programs using Opari [KOJAK]. See the examples/taucompiler/opari_f90 example bundled with TAU.
4) TAU supports a -MPITRACE option that generates traces optimized for Kojak's expert tool. These traces contain events that are ancestors of an MPI call. Those calls that do not eventually call an MPI routine are not logged in the trace. These traces can be converted to the Epilog format using the new tau2elg tool described above.
5) Improvements in vtf2profile tool for supporting the conversion of VTF3 traces into TAU profiles.
6) Added support for the Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER Sparc Solaris based platform with support for Fujitsu FCC, fcc, f90 (C++/C/F90) compilers under Solaris. Earlier, we supported the Fujitsu suite of compilers under Linux and the Lahey Fujitsu Fortran compiler under Linux.
(for tau-team at cs.uoregon.edu)
More information about the Tau-announcements